I've been in Miami, FL for the last few days, visiting my parents before heading on over to Vienna (tough life, I know). Miami is experiencing record breaking heat (95 F). It feels like a rain forest (or perhaps more apt, a swamp) and I can't help but repeatedly tell my parents that this whole place will be under water in about 70 years. Needless to say, I've spent all but about 30 minutes of my visit inside, sleeping and catching up on TV: season 5 of Dexter (done!), Keeping up with the Kardashians (blah), and Ice Loves Coco (awesome! Am I the only one who, until she opened her mouth, thought she was Swedish?). My mom then introduced me to some regional channels--the Jewish channel, the Catholic channel, the Island channel and finally, the Haitian channel (in Creole). The TV options make up for the oppressive heat.
Here are a few pictures from this winter/spring:
My new favorite picture of Natan and me (on Angel Island)
Albert and his wonky left eye
Life partner won teacher of the year at his school! Makes me so proud.
One of the most memorable things we did this spring was attend the Maker's Faire. It's a festival that combines art, science and sustainability (and steampunk). It was, by far, the most awesome festival we've ever attended. We got really inspired to re-purpose things! I saw a bunch of really interesting embroidery work and got inspired (by some of the steampunk projects) to start embroidering extinct animals.
Peeps inspired projects
Rents
Ocean
SFMOMA
Banana Slug
No comments:
Post a Comment