On Wednesday, Theo turned one month old. He’s so long that I predict he’ll outgrow his Moses basket by the time he’s three months old.
When I scored this awesome purchase from Craig’s list, the woman who sold it to me said her daughter used it for seven months. That bit of info seems suspect to me now. I will say that now that I’ve had a baby for a month, the Moses basket is by far the best thing to put a new baby in. It’s small and light (with a rocking stand), so I can move it around during the day. It also has a hood, so I can block out the sun and overhead lights and temper the loud voices of his parents.
On his one month birthday, we attended a screening of the Lorax as a part of the Diaper Days club at a local movie theater. The novelty of bringing a baby to a new release was definitely more exciting than the new release itself. I am completely indifferent to that movie, though I did like Ed Helms as the Once-ler. Taylor Shift voiced the girl character (name already forgotten), and I was caught off guard because she had no detectable southern accent. Isn’t she a country star? Aren’t they all supposed to either have a legit southern accent, or a least a pretty good fake one (like the bane of my existence, Larry the Cable Guy)?
We also started a compostable diaper service this week to disastrous results. For some reason, earth-friendly diapering is the hill I have chosen to die on, and die on it I might! I bought three months of service to one of the bay area diapering options only to discover that the diapers don’t work on our baby--they literally leak every time he pees, which is infuriating. I then tried another diaper company and had the same results. NWB and I have been questioning our abilities to put on a diaper. I am now trying a third diapering option—a hybrid cloth/compostable insert. I refuse to go full on cloth because it seems hard and I hate laundry, so if this doesn’t work, then I will submit to my destiny (killing wildlife/earth with diaper polymers that take 500 years to decompose).
Finally, I have moved on from a “what can go wrong in pregnancy” junkie to a birth story junkie. I can see why women want to become doulas after giving birth.
Here are some cute sleeping pictures of Theo:
Both arms up!
Left arm...wait a minute, this seems wrong to me.

2 comments:
We totally love our moses basket too, but they totally outgrow them around three months.
As for diapers, we did a service for Wiggle for six months, but after that leaks were too frequent, so we went with disposables.
For Buster though, we are doing cloth pocket diapers (FuzziBunz), and we love them. They do mean an extra load of laundry a day, but they are surprisingly easy to manage. They are absorbent, easy to put on, and easy to wash. Also, I bought almost all of mine on craigslist, and I figured if I didn't like them I could probably get my money back by selling them again. If the compostable ones don't end up working out, don't rule out cloth before you try them. :)
Theo is so adorable!
We tried a cloth diaper service for a month, but gave up because they always leaked for us, too. It's not just your diapering skills. Are you using the G-diaper now?
Post a Comment