Thursday, October 03, 2013

delicious recipe inside

I sent this e-mail to Natan today with the subject line: delicious recipe inside

I just made myself a "school mocha".  The recipe is as follows:  You take a half cup of watery, off-brand coffee and dump in equal parts powdered creamer and powdered nestle milk chocolate (to taste!).  Stir as furiously as possible.  Grab some year-old ice cubes from the school freezer and plop them in.  Voila!  Iced Mocha in a pinch.

"School mocha" has rocked my world twice now, so of course I consider it my fall triumph.  Well, that and finding the raddest item of toddler clothing I've come across so far!  Behold the science shirt ($5 at target )--a piece of notebook paper with science-y stuff all over it.  For example, a frog (dissections), an atom, DNA, a pencil and the most perplexing--thick hipster glasses (nerd? scientists are near-sighted?  so much science affects your vision?).  It's so different from most boys clothes, which are heavy on the stripes, dinosaurs (or other animals) and sassy proclamations ("heartbreaker" "Mommy's #1 fan").


Grandma/grandson duo (on a side note, weening him off of the binky is going to be tough).

No comments: