Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Early impressions

Movies that grealy impacted my childhood and may in fact explain a lot about my personality:

Splash. Who doesn't love this romantic comedy about a man falling in love with a large marine mammal?

Lesson learned as impressionable youth: It's romantic to meet someone and then still be in love with them 10-20 years later.

Lost Boys. I think I saw this with my brother Will because I cleary remember seeing it in the theater and afterward noticing that he was as impacted by it's powerful message as I was.
Powerful lesson imparted upon my 10 year old mind:
Vampirism is only fun for a little while because you can fly, but as your dependence on drugs (I mean blood) grows, you can easily become out of control. Also, if you're only vaguely interested and not a true "lifer", there might still be time to get rid of the pesky disease.

Weird Science. This movie taught me so much. Specifically that Kelly LeBrock looks ravishing in 80's poofy sleeved jackets and that it pays off to know a lot about computer science.

Total Recall. I was a bit older when this one came out, but it was one of the few movies my parents felt strongly enough about to add to our personal VHS library. Now I live in the state that Arnold governs. This film is arguably his best work.

No comments: