Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Picture this!


Pretty clouds and the Alaska range in the distance.


Neville (L) and Gordon (R). Two upstanding chaps just trying to make a buck...by guarding the Holy Grail (Alaska pipeline).


Look ma! This is how all that oil gets a movin' (into our cars)!



Neville and I working under a "shroud of science" (aka fancy Marmot rain jacket that increases the IQ of the wearer by at least 20 points (that's why they're so expensive)).


Pretty trees.


Who's there? Although I am now deathly afraid of the mighty moose, I think they're really cute when viewed from a moving car.


I like this picture a lot.



The view of the moisture gradient from a bluff. The board walk is in the distance and looks vaguely like the little (or big) dipper. Kind of--if you glance and sort of "forget" what the constellation actually looks like.


Another good view from the bluff near the site at which I've been working.

No comments: