Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Early December

I am now what I dreaded becoming...the intermittent blogger! But for good reason, mind you. I went to the AGU conference (or what Laurel refers to as the science fair), then Brazil. I have many pictures. Not to mention interesting facts that, when pressed, I will not be able to support with any evidence other than “my brother told me”.

Let us start out with some pictures from early December, when SF was blessed with the presence of my favorite Maine-iacs. For some unknown reason (probably bad camera user), I don’t have photos of the wonderful Leigh or Jesse.

The day before the science fair, I had the pleasure of spending time with Jon (always so pleasant and insightful), Phaedra (also insightful and a delight to tease) and my new friend, Mike (as clever as the sea is salty). We walked around the mission and went to the top of this hill to look out upon the city.



The best part of being at the science fair for me, personally, was winning a new pet…tornado that is! This little gem is hours of fun, and no mess to clean up!



Luckily, I got to bask in the company of my old cohorts.
Erich (EO) and Andrei



Michelle, me, EO



Andrei and Susan



Looking out upon the beauty that is concrete slapped with a few lights.



Those crazy cable car riders!



The weekend after the science fair, I spent a glorious, action-packed day with these people: (Andrei, Michelle, Marcus).



First on the list of activities: Marcus making lunch.



Then he took a really awesome picture (Being both beauty and brains, Michelle was the conceptual designer behind it).



Next we went to Muir woods. Michelle has the whole world (of hundreds of years of climate history) in her hands!









Then we did a whirlwind drive through Napa (photo by Michelle)



and drove back into the city, which, due to traffic, took approximately 7.5 hours.

No comments: