Thursday, January 19, 2006

"That's what I said, foilage. It doesn't take a nuclear scientist to pronounce foilage"

Since Will is super fancy and there were originally supposed to be 10 people, we had our Christmas meal catered. It was awesome and included gorgonzola mashed potatoes, lentil and mint salad, and potato salad with oranges and cherries. Yum!



Check out the dressing on that fowl.



Will was sporting his Sunday best (aero dynamicity)!



The day after celebrating the birth of our lord, my parents and I took a train ride through some rainforest towards the coast. The train was fancy and we had a nice snack and drink and were told interesting facts in English.






On our way out of town, we passed a horse farm with these trees. I don’t know what they’re called, but I suspect their common name is “menorah tree”. They’re prehistoric and have really deep roots. They are also the state tree and the namesake of my brother’s city, Curritiba.









We saw lots and lots of lush foliage with occasional dramatic views of the mountains.


















We were completely encased in greenery, when out of nowhere, an empty station would appear.



The last stop was a tiny town called Morrettes. It had the most beautiful center square. My parents and I ate an assortment of fishy concoctions and walked around until we had to catch the train back. There were no ATM’s capable of dispensing cash to non-Brazilian banks and unfortunately, my shopping potential was severely limited.













No comments: