I’ve been sick and in bed for most of the weekend, and recently hit my limit in the number of breaking bad episodes I can handle (about 3 to be honest--that show depresses the hell out of me), so what to do now but blog (in between naps)!
Here, I present the last group of photos from our epic European summer vacation:
After our month in Vienna, NWB and I made our way to Italy via train and then bus. Our first stop was magical Venice. Due to my delicate condition, riding ferries all day and being on streets that rocked was not very fun. But Venice! It’s the most romantic place in the world. The Eiffel tower has nothing on a water city of decay and crumbling facades. We roamed the streets, took pictures of interesting door handles, ate our first ever $200 lunch and rode many, many ferries.
We stayed on the island of Murano, which was quiet in the evenings and much cheaper than staying in Venice proper.
Staying on Murano meant that we had to take the ferry into Venice to start our days.
Canals, canals.
The most charming canal I saw!
St. Mark's square from the cathedral.
Venice is insanely crowded at the height of the tourist season.
It's the details that make it such a charming place.
The Rialto bridge.
No comments:
Post a Comment