We’ve been sick in this house for over one month. Theo has
been sick for the entirety of 2013! One full month of runny noses, fevers, coughs,
colds, norovirus, clogged ears, crankiness, missed work, missed naps--and THEN
croup. It’s been unpleasant, to say the
least. Sickness makes my brain go numb,
so I don’t even know what’s happened in the last month. Maybe I made an egg or something? I don’t know.
It feels like my full time job has been to lie in bed, take medicine and
blow my nose. Some mundane things that I
remember:
1. I watched Homeland
(both seasons), as sickness is good for that kind of thing. Liked it.
2. I went on a weird
Michelle Williams bender and watched Blue Valentine one night and Take This
Waltz the next. I think it was the Onion
AV club that coined the term “manic pixie dream boy” to describe the male lead in this film. I totally get it now. Liked them.
3. I decided to start
using the expression “tectonic strength” to describe a really strong
person. Love it.
4. I smashed my purse in my car door and broke both my glasses
and my phone at the same time. Do not
like it.
5. I had a conversation with the checkout guy at Target that
went like this:
him: “the computer is acting funny”
me: “what
happens if the computers stop working all together?”
him: “you mean in Target, or like a terminator-like
situation”
6. I ended class today last week by showing a video of a pig
with wheelchair legs. Total success.
When Theo is sleep deprived, he is also really happy. He enters a weird delirium and becomes a super smiley baby. Of course, I took some pictures and video.
No comments:
Post a Comment