Anywhoo, I've been pulling out the little instruments and showing him how to play. He's a natural!
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
future percussionist?
I bought a Hohner toddler band set for Theo because I am determined to make him into a music lover/player. Playing music was such an important part of my life as a kid and it's obvious to me now that it shaped who I was as a student from about 5th-12th grade. It also created some of the most fulfilling experiences of my adult life by providing me with the source material for: 1. my college radio show and 2. my application to what will forever be my all-time favorite professional development experience (Vienna/Opera: summer 2011, which culminated in a whopping 35-page set of lessons for a unit on urban planning that were written while I was sleep-deprived on maternity leave. What a weird time to be singularly focused--I can't believe I did that). School cuts to music funding seriously hurt my heart--recorder class is the number one priority when we think about schools for Theo.
Anywhoo, I've been pulling out the little instruments and showing him how to play. He's a natural!
I just ordered a baby rain stick.
Anywhoo, I've been pulling out the little instruments and showing him how to play. He's a natural!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment