Wednesday, April 08, 2015

recent events

I finally caught one of Charlie's smiles!  It's so awkward trying to capture these first moments.  You're just cooing and playing with your baby to get him to smile, and then you awkwardly shove a camera (or phone) in front of his face, and he stops smiling and looks at you like you must be insane.  It's a completely unnatural interruption of the normal flow of life for posterity.  I guess that's the nature of modern life.  There were certainly no first smile pictures during the days of the camera obscura.
I took Theo to our local robotics competition.  He seemed OK with it, but still a little too young to think it's anything other than loud and filled with shiny objects.  He wanted to sit on my lap the whole time.
There is a neighborhood cat that loves Theo.  It walks by and if it sees humans outside, makes its way into our yard and close to the small boy action.  It also lets Theo pet it and do a lot of close-talking (mostly whispering "CAT" into its ear).

No comments: