This photo makes me so unbelievably happy. It took a lot of work to make Theo smile---he is just not a kid to smile on command. Once the photo op was over, he went back to the bench and wanted to sit by the bunny some more--his first heartbreaking experience with capitalism, I suppose. His precious young mind doesn't understand that his bunny time was already used up and it was time for another small child to claim $40 of sitting time. Oy vey this world is rough (but does it have to be? Can't we swap out our current system for another?).
I have earned my brass award for pumping (2 months), but am going to stop at the bronze (3 months), unless I can feed Charlie entirely from 2 pumps/day. It just really sucks to feel like you are always on a timer until the next pumping session. If I were to die tomorrow, then Natan should probably just put the word "pumped" on my tombstone.
On the bright side, pumping has allowed me to watch an insane amount of television. A sampling:
The Fall
Empire
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Workaholics
The Wire (rewatch...currently taking a break in season 4)
The Mindy Project
Nashville
Girls
Togetherness
The Jinx
I am sure there are many more that I've forgotten, as these seem very recent.
I've had some very big life fails recently, including leaving Charlie in the car to do what I thought was a 10 second errand. When I was informed it would take a few minutes, I had to excuse myself to go get him out of the car and then embark on a walk of shame back into the store with my 8 week old infant.
New spring 2015 family trend: homemade pizza wednesdays!
Will California ever see rain again?
Pruett out.

No comments:
Post a Comment