December has flown by in a flurry of busy-ness. So many very exciting things happened and so much revelry was had on so many fronts. I've created a mini-challenge for myself to blog every day for the next week (last week of 2012!) since I am on winter break (holla!) and I have many cute pictures of my kid that need to displayed on the internetz. But first, a Christmas story: I put off going to visit santa for many weeks and then panicked this weekend because I felt like I was neglectful in my motherly duties. Even though I swore to never again enter a mall between December 15-26, I knew that I had to take one for team Theo. With my own mother along for moral support, I braved the crowds at the Valley Fair mall on the Saturday before Christmas. We got there too late to see santa before his lunch break (that he needed lunch confused me since the NORAD website helpfully explains that santa can manipulate the space-time continuum in order to complete his yearly rounds. Get your story straight, santa dude.), so we walked around for 2 hours and then got in line again, where we waited another 45 minutes. The silver lining to this exercise in waiting patiently happened when another mother showed me the mall family bathroom, which was cozy and had free cable (possible future hang out spot?). Here is Theo, who did not smile, but also did not cry, so I'm going to classify his first visit as a resounding success!*
*Yes, he is wearing Canadian flag shoes handed down to me by my friend Aurelia. Since he does not walk (or crawl, or roll), I have no other shoes for him. I kind of like it though--do you think he's eligible for a Canadian passport now?

1 comment:
All I can say is Valco on a weekday. You're unlucky if there's three people in front of you. We went on a weekend this year and the wait was 30 minutes. Valley Fair sucks.
Great picture though!
Post a Comment