We’re celebrating the east coast NYE tonight because
who can stay up past 9:30 after the age of 35?
We’ll be playing games with my parents and eating sandwiches. If you’d told my 16 year-old self that this is
how I would spend my new year’s eve, I probably would have slapped you. But I’m firmly middle aged now and this is
exactly what I want to do (or spend time playing scrabble with D and M, but
they’re out of town). This year was officially
the best ever because it’s the year of the birth of my water dragon
(Theo). I don’t have any super ambitious
resolutions for 2013--mainly just to be nicer to the people around me and make hard
copies of all my digital photos (digital entropy fears again).
Some highlights from 2012: Theodore, my parents moving to CA, working with people I really like, 6 months of maternity leave, Natan's paternity leave all fall, learning how to make a budget, embracing the downtown lifestyle (walking to cafes, stores and swings).
Present wrapping styles this holiday season (IKEA sold a tree cookie wrapping paper that was the best):
Picture of me and Theo in the Olympic National Park over the
summer. We saw a deer.
I love this baby (even when he is resisting photos): Lake Tahoe last summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment