Sunday, September 08, 2013

brief status update

I literally heard a woman in Target utter the following phrase to her toddler daughter: "Blue Steel, SIT DOWN!!".  I was so discombobulated by her words that I didn't think to inquire as to whether or not she really named her daughter after Zoolander's signature look.  If not, then it's the raddest nickname EVER for a child and from henceforth, Theo shall be referred to as Blue Steel.

Blue Steel is looking very cute these days.  Here he is with a mouth full of watermelon:

School started and thus so has general chaos.  Someone told me that I should think of it as "luscious chaos", but I'm having a hard time with that particular re-framing.  So far, many amusing things have happened at my job:  a hypothesis was referred to as a hypotenuse, a student accidentally named her blog "endangered animal sperm bank" (after a science article she read--she meant it to be the title of the post, not the blog.  Storing the sperm of endangered animals is apparently not as easy as it looks.  Vets still don't know how to store elephant sperm) and a ring stand was misidentified as a stirring rod.   You know, the usual. 

No comments: