Thursday, October 06, 2005

road to recovery...blog writing recovery

Oh, how many days have passed since last I blogged! The reason might be (but is not limited to) the immense mental block that had overtaken my being. It’s as if my brain could no longer think beyond reality because it was trying desperately to keep up with what was literally happening now and in the future. It had no ability to think of what could happen or why things happen or what happenings mean. I talk about my brain as a distinct separate entity because, of course, it is. Sample blog (Read: boring) from literal brain:

Today I got up early and took a shower.
I quickly tasted my lentils to make sure they (still) weren’t too spicy (after last night) for lunch time, when a swig of cold water might require a walk down the hall.
I did dishes and half-heartedly listened to NPR and talk of Harriet Miers.
I pet my cat.
Leisurely rode bike to work.
Fade to black.


OK, so I was out of town for four weeks, and then had a delightful visit with my best friend in the entire world/life partner/spiritual guide/world class boggle player/companion. There’s no time for blogging with all those goings on! Here are some pictures from Alaska courtesy of Mark Waldrop or “the drop” as he is widely (by 1 or 2 people) known:

When one thinks of Alaskan folks (non-native), I believe that this picture should immediately come to mind: bearded AK men gnawing on the bones of large beasts (aka Jon chewing on a moose rib).



Mark playing with one of our carrot shaped samples! Science is so freakin’ fun and Mark is so freakin’ clever!



Me in some tall grass.



Jen dancing the day away!



A view of something from somewhere.

No comments: