For the first time since I began teaching, I have not taken a day off during the fall months--it's been rough, but I'm pushing through and hoping to win a perfect attendance award for the first semester (wouldn't it be awesome if adults could still win those?). We've had one three-day weekend this fall and I went to the Cal Academy with the fam. The Cal Academy is not my favorite science museum--its main attraction is an indoor rainforest, which is cool if you've never actually experienced a rainforest. If you have, then it's very underwhelming--not as lush, hot, noisy or awe-inspiring. Natan bought a membership, which means it's free (how's THAT for math!).
Here are some pictures:
In the rainforest near a moss wall.
The rainforest ceiling, which is sort of dystopian and awesome to me--nature contained by glass and steel.
Family photo in the tame rainforest!
The big attraction within the rainforest: butterflies.
He really loves fish.
He wanted to touch them (no doubt in order to put them in his mouth.)
Albino alligator (did not move). All I could think of was Werner Herzog.
No comments:
Post a Comment