This NaBloPoMo is not going well for me. I feel very uninspired to blog because I spend all of my free time writing for various other things. In years past I have not had a huge workload in addition to my job, so it has been much more fun to actively blog.
This fall, all of my big words, complex sentences, and coherent thoughts are spent by the end of each night. I have a limited amount of writing/extra working/reflecting power each day, and by the time I blog, it is gone. Today, for example, I woke up to despair over the state of our world (which was then compounded by this awful article on the motherlode blog, which has made me cry three times today already. Note to self: do not ever read comments.), spent two hours plotting up what I hope will be my last ever black hole graphs, then wrote for two hours about the job of a teacher to manage classroom emotions. I also have two children to interact with and dishes to do. I will be done with all my other things in December, so maybe I will make December a do-over month? My writing taper month after this hellacious fall? Maybe I'll just try to post a cute picture of my kids each day and give up on writing until next month? We'll see where this goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment