Thursday, November 12, 2015

this little light of mine, in the neighborhood, wherever I go

I walked in the kitchen this morning to find a king dining at my table!  This is the birthday crown his teacher made him last year.  I guess I'd better make him a nice felt one this year!
I wore these new shoes today.  They are CROCS, which is outrageous yet comfortable and I will never apologize for being a wearer of plastic shoes!
My application pile grew by one last week when I was asked to submit an application for an award that has a lot of money for lab supplies attached to it.  At this point, I feel like an award application robot pony.  You basically point me in the direction of an award or program, give me a writing prompt, and off I gallop.  There are just several letters of rec on file with multiple people at my school at this point.  It is ridiculous and feels like it came on due to an avalanche of good luck and inspiration.  It's sapping all of my desire to write anything else and wearing me down.  I feel like I'm in school again, but with no guarantee of a degree at the end.

This week's been a big one.  In Tuesday I went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, as I have in November for the past five years, on a field trip.  When we returned I gave a overview of my black holes project to the school board, which made me very nervous (and my mouth very dry).  Today, I talked to a research team from Sweden about my views on technology in the classroom for about an hour and a half (all teachers did).  And tomorrow I teach with no breaks!

Like a lone jellyfish, floating in the abyss......

No comments: