"Sometimes it is the small things that best reveal shared life experience. When baby elephants are weaned they throw tantrums that rival those of the wildest two-year-old humans. One youngster became so upset with his mother that he screamed and trumpeted as he poked her with his tiny tusks. Finally, in frustration, he stuck his trunk into her anus, then turned around and kicked her. "You little horror!" thought Cynthia Moss as she watched the tantrum unfold.
Today, while Theo was behaving in a particularly colorful way, Natan said, "He's trunking your anus." It's a good thing the visual is delightfully tied to cute baby elephants.
Theo, trunking my anus since 2012.
In exciting work news, I have been invited to speak at a workshop! Invited, invited...like didn't apply or submit an abstract, just got an unexpected e-mail about my summer project on Jefferson (or TJ, as I like to call him). Of course, before I accepted I checked my calendar to make sure it wasn't on a weekend or a break, because I am done with that noise (while I have tiny humans in my house). Since it is firmly in the middle of a long work week, I will happily do it. It's also on the east coast, which makes it even more fun and exciting. I am, of course, ignoring all of the work it will require in favor of planning neat excursions and yelping restaurants in which to eat.
No comments:
Post a Comment