Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I am confused about my feelings for Daniel Craig

I saw the new James Bond movie and my (average American movie-goer) opinion: touché. It was truly like driving from say, Boulder, CO into the mountains. At first you’re on the straight and narrow (slightly boring) path, but there are switchbacks (!) followed by near death experiences, and the invigorating combination of confusion and adrenaline. I kept expecting the movie to end, but it just kept going, plot twist after turn. It really appealed to my inner 13 year old dude. The real attraction, I suppose, is the new James Bond, Daniel Craig. My only thoughts upon watching him splash around in the ocean wearing fashionable boxer-brief-like swimming trunks were: henchman, brute. He has a weird Cro-Magnon jaw and devilish blue eyes. I found him overall charming and funny (despite what Time may say!), but so striking in physical features that I had a hard time paying attention to what was going on. Is he cute? I have no idea--maybe at the right angle? Is he debonair? I have no idea—maybe in the right outfit? There is a funny dichotomy between his physicality and the smooth character of James Bond.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just saw the movie, too, and all I can say is YUM! I'm rarely (ever?) really attracted to Hollywood hunks (maybe Tom Cruise in my high school days), but I caught myself checking Daniel Craig out many times. And you can never go wrong with a good-old action film. I say two thumbs up!