Wednesday, November 01, 2006

nablowrimo

Last year, I really wanted to participate in National Novel Writing Month (nanowrimo). Unfortunately, my co-worker Mark didn’t bring it’s commencement to my attention until halfway through November, making it really hard to catch up. I vowed to do it this year, but somehow this doesn’t feel like the “right” year either. Thank goodness I can play along and participate in national blog writing month instead! It’s basically the same idea as nanwrimo, with a goal of writing everyday. Luckily it’s a blog entry, so there doesn’t have to be a consistent theme. Hopefully I’ll have something to say everyday.

Halloween recap:
Bags of candy purchased: 3
Number of trick-or-treaters: 0
Total number of irresistible calories sitting on bedroom floor: 9,240
Number of days of caloric life support: approximately 4.5

It sounds like a dream, really, to subsist for a week on nothing but M&M’s, Reese's peanut butter cups and Hershey's kisses. Unfortunately, I’m too frightened to try such an experiment since I read about a college kid who gave himself scurvy by eating a similarly balanced diet.

No comments: