
I have to take astronomy this winter in the treacherous pursuit of meeting the CA state “standards” for teaching general science to children. The logic of this move is completely lost on me. I do not understand state mandated “standards” and why if I am already considered competent in geoscience, I would have to take another class under that category of science to then teach the more general science. Education, thou art but a wily and ambiguous beast! I’m looking on the bright side of this new development. I’ve come up with three things to look forward to:
1. Wooing my companion with a stellar knowledge of constellations (ha!).
2. Being THE guy for a handful of trivial pursuit questions.
3. The applicability of the material to my love of sci-fi! Now I can understand how John Crichton got shot through a worm hole and into another part of the universe. Maybe I’ll learn a space fact that could hold the key to the secret of the black cloud. I welcome the ability to write some serious fanfiction.
No comments:
Post a Comment