Thursday, November 04, 2010

forgotten photos and albert is a philanthropist!

I totally forgot a few pictures of the NorCal Ren Faire. My camera's clock setting are off, so these were in a differently dated folder.

There was a real-live dragon!


Awesome swing


Possible future pet


This year, I got super excited about NaBloPoMo and actually read the e-mail announcing this year's blog-o-rama. So excited was I, that I decided to donate a prize to NaBloPoMo. Given my current profession (science pontificator) and general sensibilities, I thought it would be totally awesome to donate a variety of stickers, rainbow peepholes and eclipse glasses to a fellow blogger. I became a little self-conscious when I noticed that other people donated things like $50 gift certificates. I felt sort of like the kid who brings a book to a birthday party, rather than a shiny and/or plastic toy with moving parts. Then I saw rainbow peepholes in a store going for .75/hole and eclipse glasses for $2. My prize rose from the ashes like the mighty (Harry Potter) Phoenix! It is good (or worth at least 20 bucks on the free market).

I donated in the name of my beloved pound puppy, Albert.

No comments: