
I assigned an endangered species brochure to my APES class. They were to research an animal and make a brochure advocating for that animal. Most students picked the polar bear. One brochure stood out--it was on the Tasmanian devil. I learned so much from that brochure. Did you know that they are currently experiencing an epidemic of mouth cancer? It's spread when they bite each other during fighting and it kills them within 3 years. They become unable to eat, and starve to death. 60% of the population has been destroyed by it. Mouth cancer is causing them to move towards extinction! They could all be gone within 35 years! What the hell is happening here? An adorable mini-bear looking animal is experiencing the grotesque and brutal side of nature? The lovable Tasmanian devil, cartoon mischief maker(!), extinct? Start the prayer chain NOW.
I will not put a picture of a mouth-cancer ridden Tasmanian devil on my blog, but google it and you can see the horror.
No comments:
Post a Comment