The best place ever invented--just look at that pirate mural! Really bad food (deep fried main courses and desserts), rides and games, beach and ocean. We never go for long, and we usually just take one spin on the sky ride that goes over the whole boardwalk and then play air hockey and laser tag (with teenagers who I routinely beat, causing them much cognitive dissonance. I take the game very seriously, though you probably can't tell by looking at me, which always works to my advantage). We go there a lot when we want to feel happy. It's now closed for the winter, and so alternatives have to be found, like elephant seals, Mt. Hamilton and Monterey.
Monday, November 01, 2010
Everything is OK at the Santa Cruz boardwalk
The best place ever invented--just look at that pirate mural! Really bad food (deep fried main courses and desserts), rides and games, beach and ocean. We never go for long, and we usually just take one spin on the sky ride that goes over the whole boardwalk and then play air hockey and laser tag (with teenagers who I routinely beat, causing them much cognitive dissonance. I take the game very seriously, though you probably can't tell by looking at me, which always works to my advantage). We go there a lot when we want to feel happy. It's now closed for the winter, and so alternatives have to be found, like elephant seals, Mt. Hamilton and Monterey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment