Friday, November 08, 2013

Irazu Volcano

Natan and I decided to go up to the cool mountains of Costa Rica this summer to go volcano hopping.  Unfortunately, we were both sort of gastrointestinally challenged and had to cut our trip short.  We did manage to drag ourselves to the rim of the Irazu Volcano and look reasonably happy, but don't let the pictures fool you--there were many bathroom breaks and a lot of nausea.  It felt great and refreshing to be in a cool place away from the oppressive heat.  I think we would be really good at vacationing in the mountainous part of the country.  The rim of the volcano had volatile weather--covered in fog, then completely clear 5 minutes later and then raining 2 minutes after that.
 
 Some homes in the mountains.
 We got directions from a dairy farmer and then he wanted to take our picture with his dog.


 The abyss.


I was wearing a plastic bag for warmth.

No comments: