1. A drastic change with respect to my philosophy behind the design
of a powerpoint presentation. Just let me
say that I may never put a word on a slide again--only pictures from here on
out! We all know that too much text,
bullets, boring/unsophisticated fonts and slides without pictures are bad, but
I have been recently educated further about the most effective slides—simple,
one image and no more than 140 characters (like twitter!) that are on top of a
contrasting background. It makes me feel
like an ancient schoolmarm to look back at all of my old powerpoints and
contrast them with my new way of thinking.
Of course, this means my presentations might have 50 slides to explain a
simple concept like exponential growth (previously 1 slide), but the research says they will be more effective (or so I've been told)! Here, I present my new PPT style:
So clean, so simple, so many google image searches are required now for every slide. These 2 slides used to be only half of 1 slide. What was I thinking before?!
2. Word 2010 has the ability to do math type and
equations (which I just learned, even though the software has been out for a while. D'oh)! It’s made my worksheets for 16 year-olds so
much better looking. No more backslashes
for dividing and asterisks for multiplication. Behold:
It’s funny how you can sort of get into whatever software
you’re using for your job, even though it is definitely not important to your life on the whole. At one point,
I was really into Statistica and now I’m into the MS Office Suite, I guess. One thing I do know is: Garamond forever!

No comments:
Post a Comment