Thursday, November 07, 2013

PT quiz

Listen, I recognize that I am totally phoning it in on this blog post, but it is early November, which is the toughest part of the school year.  I am tired and it's dark outside most of the day.  It's about now that Natan and I start thinking of all of the magical and fun things we can do in the summer!  It is the only way to making the teaching life work, I tell you!  Imagine having to plan 3 birthday parties, with supplies, games and a detailed plan every single day, in addition to hosting said birthday parties for 5 hours every day.  That's kind of what the job is like, but missing the grading and lab prep.  It is insane.  So today, in honor of exhaustion, I give you this: some questions about the periodic table from a recent chem quiz.    


Which elements would you expect to have similar properties?
     a.  C and Si                          
     b.  Cu and Zn                      
     c.  N and O                          
     d.  H and He
 
Which of the following elements is the most reactive metal?
     a.   Li
     b.   Fr
     c.   Ra
     d.   Ca

The separation of copper (II) chloride into copper and chlorine is an example of
     a.    distillation                                                            
     b.    fractionation
     c.    filtration                                                           
     d.    electrolysis

No comments: