Today I received a Girl Scout tin of caramel chocolates that
had four layers of wrapping: an outer plastic,
the metal container, and an inner plastic bag containing individually wrapped chocolates. It was an iron-man like feat just to get to
the chocolate. I, of course, deserved at
least five individually wrapped pieces after that ordeal, but the effort it
took to unwrap them proved too much, and I settled for three.
Speaking of Girl Scouts, lately I have been obsessed with the “grooming
badge” I earned during my middle school years.
It has a comb, mirror and hair brush and looks like this:
I have no idea how I earned it, given that I only bathed
every other day, had negative fashion sense, a bang/perm combo and a life-sized cardboard cut out of the New Kids on the Block, but somehow it
ended up on my sash. It was apparently
called the “looking your best” badge and I will probably buy it off of ebay and
turn it into a pin because I do need to be reminded to look my best every day.
I can’t believe they still have it, in 2014. I would have thought all badges would be
STEAM related or outdoorsy, requiring the scouts to build a hunting robot in
case of apocalypse or utilize soil layers to build a water filter, but there is
sits, still obtainable to young and impressionable girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment