Wednesday, November 26, 2014

I made the mistake of watching the Cleveland police video of the Tamir Rice murder today.  Being ensconced in the US of A just feels a bit too hopeless, dark and medieval right now.  I found my mind drifting to that video in horror and despair while out and about, so I would say it's best to avoid if possible.  

I busied myself all day by doing four loads of laundry, cleaning the house and giving away two bags of clothing and a stroller.  It always feels good to get rid of stuff.  My house chores were abysmally slow due to pregnancy (and I did stop to make eggplant parm. sandwiches in the middle).  Tomorrow I am going to get up and take my small child somewhere--either on a downtown walk or on the train.  He's has matured to the point where he will hold your hand, do what you ask and generally not make a stressful nuisance of himself.  Progress (shall be rewarded with a scone)!

No comments: