Monday, November 03, 2014

Pie Times

Sickness abounds undeterred in our household. I must not be sick because of the baby immune system boost? (KNOCK ON WOOD). I picked Theo up early from daycare and when his teacher was describing how he wasn’t himself, she mentioned that they were “even doing a numbers song…and he wasn’t interested”. End times, indeed, as Theo loves numbers more than just about anything. If that weren’t distressing enough, the IPCC synthesis report is out and it is dire and depressing. It’s really hard to read about it while pregnant, since trying to be hopeful and optimistic about humanity/our world causes severe cognitive dissonance in the face of raw science. I guess the only thing connecting the two perspectives is my hope that Theo will have a lifelong supporter and partner in his new brother. They can huddle in a cave together somewhere in post-apocalyptic times, I guess.

Great idea of the day: Natan suggested that I start a magazine called, “Pie Times” because I probably have “a half year of raw material about pies” I’ve loved, lost and had to turn away. He is simply the best….

(Image stolen from some person's blog.)

No comments: