Wednesday, November 05, 2014

ugh

Well, the midterm elections are over and it is clear that we are on a run-away crazy train as a country, which is depressing and fills me with a great sense of dread.  It’s not hard to predict who is most vulnerable to further systemic disadvantage (most people, I think, with a special emphasis on women, children (outside of the womb) and the disenfranchised) and who is set to prosper (the white collar corporate worker).  Man, what a great time to be alive!  Climate change-denying senators are heading up environmental committees and lots of looney-tunes white dudes are making poor judgment calls that legally impact a whole nation.  Yay! 


Here are some pictures from the aquarium, I guess.  

School of fish.  I wish we, as a nation, could be so cooperative, protective and inclusive of all the fish, regardless of their socio-economic status, personal choices, or sexual identity.  When we swim together, we are, collectively, stronger!  No individualistic philosophy there.
Steampunk metal cuttlefish sculpture.  Technology could be ruining us (especially the ease with which impressionable and scared old white dudes can access Fox News).
The cuttlefish.  What a beautiful creature, that is a master of disguise.   Much like our Repub. politicians disguise the special interests they are representing (Koch Brothers).
 Upside-down jellies.  Kind of just the way the world feels right now.
Boaters in the distance.  I can only assume they will be able to upgrade to yachts soon enough.

No comments: