Sunday, November 09, 2014
productivity
Jezebel had an article on a study on mothers and productivity
that confirmed my own experiences—the busier you are, the more productive you
are. Though the data was on number of
children, their age and publication rate of professors, I feel like it can be
applied to other fields and people without kids as well (feelings =
science). My job is cyclical in its
busy-ness and for the last 7 school year-summer cycles, I have definitely
noticed that it is hard to do anything in the summer (non-busy) and I am more
productive during the school year (peak busy).
I also remember making little projects for myself during maternity leave
with Theo and once a mini-goal was set, I just felt more together, as a human
being. You can rest assured that I have
already committed to an ongoing project during this upcoming maternity leave
that involves astronomy research and weekly telecons (to be blogged about
later), and have (potentially) gotten myself involved in two additional projects
for next summer! (But this is where the
line is drawn) Productive Pruett ahoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment