Monday, November 24, 2014

it must be a Monday

Today, as I was leisurely enjoying some hot cocoa and browsing my (physical) work mail, I came across a mailing from the Heartland Institute in my box advertising the need for a "debate" over global warming, and some suggested books I could buy to start the debate in my classroom.  I was so incensed that I threw it angrily into the recycling bin and stormed upstairs to demand that they take me off their mailing list.  It is too early in the morning and the week for this bull.


Please take me off of your mailing list. I received a color brochure in the mail today advocating for a "debate" over global warming. It was incredibly offensive to me, as a former climate change researcher and current high school teacher, that you fail to mention the real statistic--that 97% of research scientists in the US agree that global warming is real and caused by human activity. You should be ashamed of yourself for sending out misleading propaganda to high school teachers.

I am equally as offended that you killed trees, further contributing to global warming, in order to send me that pamphlet of propagandist nonsense.



1 comment:

Kristen/Bob said...

You go girl!!