Today we had a code red drill, aka the columbine drill. It’s the one where you have to barricade the doors, lay down on the floor in a fort and pretend you aren’t there. Our school did it during my freshman biology class, which was more difficult than I expected. They have a lot of energy and are capable of high levels of excitement. It’s interesting, because next year they will be surly (natural teenage progression!).
I totally generated a fake competition between our class and the physics class (juniors and seniors) next door. I told them the physics class would buy us donuts if our class won the school-wide code red competition. The physics class was then under the impression that we were going to buy them donuts if they won (not true). We lost, unfortunately, and then decided to invite them over not for donuts, but our lab pickles. I thought it would be funny if we asked them to bring something as a gift, you know, like donuts. Some of the kids wrote invitations that said, “congratulations on winning, we might give you some of our pickles if you bring us some donuts” and “please join us for pickles on Monday (donuts required for entry)”. Hi-freaking-larious, I tell you. Tomorrow we’re looking at plants with the microscopes.
No comments:
Post a Comment