
The thing about teaching is that if you’re not 100%, you really just need to take the day off or if you go in, play a video. Handling 34 teenagers will not happen unless you have an iron will and the full use of all of your senses (sometimes they have pot in class—sense of smell is crucial). I decided to take today off as well in order to regain my strength and get sort of caught up on life. I talked for nearly 5 hours total on the phone, which felt so good and I bought some glitter, which felt awesome!
I realized today that I don’t have any crafty projects underway, and I seriously need to fix that. My plan is to find some awesome fabric and make some new pillow cases. While in Ashland this summer, I found some robot fabric that I’m hoping to track down. I’d also like to make some sort of astronomically themed pillowcases, but with real hubble images, rather than the kiddie-style astronomy fabric that’s available. I’ve got nothing on that so far.*
* Good invention idea for NASA! Have I mentioned that I contacted Crayola about my other invention—astronomically themed color box (Doppler Blue, Supernova Red, Space-Time Black, White Dwarf, etc.) to go along with an astronomy “teaching” coloring book similar to the ones that already exist for biology. They do not solicit ideas, I was informed—total letdown.
No comments:
Post a Comment