This is the end of NaBloPoMo, and as such, this will probably be my last post for a while. It’s kind of hard to keep up while working at the most time consuming job I’ve ever had. NaBloPoMo informed me this morning that I could participate in a new kind of monthly challenge in December—giving a gift every day and posting about it. That seems hard, unless the gift of knowledge counts, in which case this would turn into a teaching tales blog, which is pretty boring. (“Today the children learned about topographic maps and couldn’t find the country of Senegal on their globes.”*).
I might try to do it every other day or something, as I do like to give gifts, and I also happen to have the best sticker collection EVER at school, which is handy for making cards and coupons for things like free babysitting or a hug. One year, for my bday, my companion literally gave me only handmade coupons for things like, “going to a movie of your choice” and “cleaning the bathroom”. One could argue that those should not be gifts, but rather expectations, but alas, we make do with what we can get.
*True story from today.
No comments:
Post a Comment