Sunday, November 15, 2009

Flu Shot Denied

After my brush with illness last week, and my bout of the flu last year, I decided to try to get my flu shots today. Unfortunately, Kaiser (money-making medical juggernaut—a concept that will never stop blowing my mind. Is our country really this mad?) is fresh out of any sort of flu shot. Oh well, I only work in a school, which, behind hospitals, is one of the biggest vector-houses for disease. Hopefully I’ll just manage to dodge it. I mean, really, I’ve only had about 6 students with the swine flu who have missed weeks of school—those are pretty good odds—6/180. Plus, due to the fact that everyone needs public education, but doesn’t want to pay for it, (and thus the public schools are rapidly descending into a post-apocalyptic nightmare) we get our rooms swept once a month. That seems reasonable and appropriate for flu season.

What? Wall Street got an extra shipment or two? They totally deserve it—I mean I hear they have janitors that only clean once a day! Those offices must feel like under-funded filth houses. I mean, they do hold THE most important jobs for the good of our society, and the world really. Without the stock market and wild corporate speculation, where would we be? I wouldn’t be on the verge of buying a t-mobile G1, I’ll tell you that much. And I probably wouldn’t have close to 600 glorious channels of television. But I joke, of course, because without capitalism, we might not have awesome new drugs, like the flu shot! Which benefit our society! Doh!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was going to suggest one of those new "Take Care" clinics at Walgreens where you can buy the flu shots, but it looks like there aren't any in San Jose. Good luck with Kaiser!