Thursday, November 05, 2009

nutrition and culture

I ran out of lunch food from home, and since my job allows exactly 30 minutes for lunch, 15 of which are spent moving my stuff out of one classroom onto a cart to be transported to another (this is a really bad and super bitter year for me), running out of food pretty much means no lunch. Unless of course, your classroom mate happened to confiscate a full-sized bag of Doritos from a student and cleverly hide them in a drawer, just waiting to be discovered! I was a little bummed about the no lunch thing until I discovered the contraband and partook in the neon cheesy chips that had undoubtedly had the saliva-rich paws of a teenager all over them. At that point, however, it really didn’t matter.

Another surprise discovery today came in the form of the entertainment preferences of teenage girls. Whilst talking about twilight, they were swooning over Taylor Lautner. This is a total shock to me, as I assumed most teenage girls would be pro-Pattinson. I guess Pattinson (team Edward) might be a bit too mature looking and therefore frightening. That Jacob guy is like a Disney idol, devoid of sexuality and full of smiles.

1 comment:

Kristen/Bob said...

I thought you were done with that moving classrooms BS. What's up with that?

And are you a Twilight junkie? I'm looking for someone (female) to escape to the movie with someday.